Head of Private Client
Holly joined Morrisons in September 2006 as a Trainee Solicitor and qualified as an Assistant Solicitor into the Private Client department in October 2008. She was promoted to Associate Solicitor in 2011, Senior Associate Solicitor in February 2013 and made a Partner in October 2015.
Holly deals with all manner of Private Client work, including administration of trusts and estates, Wills, declarations of trust and tax matters. She is a member of Solicitors for the Elderly, and regularly advises such clients regarding estate planning and long-term care planning.
Holly also has a particular interest in the area of mental capacity, dealing with matters such as Powers of Attorney, advance decisions and Court of Protection applications – including those appointing deputies and trustees over land.
Holly has been approved as a full member of the Society and is now a Registered Trust and Estate Practitioner and a full member of STEP – an internationally recognised organisation for solicitors working in the area of Private Client. She is also a member of Action on Elder Abuse and is a Dementia Friends Champion.
In July 2015 Holly was appointed as a Panel Deputy for the Office of the Public Guardian and the Court of Protection (one of 37 successful applicants out of 860).
In October 2015 ePrivateclients named Holly as one of their Top 35 under 35. This list is considered to be the definitive list of young private client practitioners and the market leading guide to rising stars and the next generation of leaders in the Private Client sector in the UK.
Holly is a keen horsewoman and has competed at a national level in eventing and show jumping. She also enjoys numerous other sporting activities and travelling.
- Morrisons teams and individuals recognised as leaders in their fields by Chambers and Partners
- Holly Chantler – new head of the private client department at Morrisons Solicitors
- Morrisons Solicitors’ Holly Chantler named in leaders list
- Re S – withdrawal of life sustaining treatment
- Three scenarios why it is important to make the right Will
- Local solicitor appointed as Director of national legal membership
- Solicitors for the Elderly role for Holly Chantler