A lease can be one of the largest items of expenditure for a tenant’s business, however having a correctly prepared lease is crucial in making a commercial property a sound investment for a landlord.
Knowing the finer details of amending a commercial lease can make the difference between having a cumbersome asset and having a profitable site for your business.
We act for landlords in managing the leasehold aspects of their commercial property portfolios. The work involves granting leases, licences, deeds of variation, lease renewals and acting for landlords on assignments of leases. Additionally, we frequently act for tenants in connection with this type of work.
We also act for tenants who are taking on new leases or purchasing existing leases from outgoing tenants.
Our expertise includes drafting and negotiating complex rent review provisions, service charge provisions and break clauses, among other areas.
The types of letting we regularly deal with include offices, retail units, restaurants, units on industrial estates and warehouses, units in shopping centres, medical centres and dental surgeries, and property used in the Healthcare and Not-for-Profit sectors.
We cover the following:
- - Leases of premises for professional practices
- - Leases of offices, retail and industrial premises
- - Landlord and tenant property management issues, assignments, sub leases and licences
- - Freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals (see Investment Property)
- - Mixed business and residential property transactions (see Investment Property)
- - Charity land transactions