Property disputes for you and your family
Property disputes can be distracting, time-consuming and costly. If they directly affect your own home, they can also be unsettling and adversely affect the way you feel about where you live.
For landlords, disputes with tenants or with neighbours to your property can negatively impact your portfolio, tie up resources and prevent you from making changes that will enhance the profitability or value of your holding. So, whatever the nature of the dispute, you want to find a solution quickly and cost-effectively.
Our highly experienced team of property litigators deal with disputes, and with non-contentious property work such as leasehold extensions. Wherever possible we will pursue solutions that do not involve litigation, such as mediation and arbitration, as these tend to be faster and less costly.
However, where appropriate our skilled and experienced litigators will vigorously pursue your case and draw on the expertise of our property specialists to ensure the best possible outcome. We are experienced advocates in the Lands Tribunal.
We also offer a dedicated service, MorrPossession, for landlords who need to terminate an assured shorthold tenancy.
Issues with leases
- Recovery of rent arrears and service charge disputes
- Service of break notices/ termination of assured shorthold tenancies
- Assigning or subletting without consent
- Landlord’s unreasonable withholding of consent
- Forfeiture / possession sought by landlords
- Insolvency of landlord or tenant
- Renewal of business leases under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
Freehold and leasehold land
- Boundary and right of way disputes
- Adverse possession claims
- Right of way disputes
- Enforcement of restrictive covenants
- Leasehold reform work (including lease extensions and collective enfranchisement
Professional negligence claims
Party Wall disputes
Extending you lease or buying your freehold