Starting and owning a business
Almost every business has its origins in an entrepreneur having the seed of an idea. Taking a concept from the drawing board and turning this into commercial reality can be difficult. The Corporate & Commercial team commit their collective knowledge and experience to supporting the early stages of each business we advise.
We find solutions for new and experienced business owners alike. The areas in which we support our clients include:
- Choosing the best business structure for operational and financial benefits
- Shareholder agreements to bring long term stability to a business plan
- Business protection and cross option arrangements to protect the owners and business from the death or incapacity of a partner
- Early stage investment and funding, including under the EIS and SEIS schemes
- Structuring of partnerships and LLPs
- Share option schemes and employee incentives
When necessary we can call on the advice of our network of specialist tax and financial advisers to support these key decisions.