My role & experience
I am a senior associate in the private client department. I advise families and individuals on estate planning and wills, the administration of estates, trust creation and administration, powers of attorney and Court of Protection matters. I am a Notary Public, a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE).
My specific experience
• Creating bespoke wills for clients with a range of needs and circumstances (including parents of children with learning difficulties, unmarried couples, separated or divorced individuals and business owners)
• Advising on the mitigation of Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains tax through the creation of trusts, lifetime gifts and tax planning.
• Administering a wide variety of estates including those with assets situated in other jurisdictions and intestate estates including those requiring the use of genealogists.
• Advising on tax efficient trust creation, declarations of trust and preparation of trust documentation.
• Preparing and registering Powers of Attorney, the subsequent management of clients’ affairs and drafting living wills.
• Advising on applications to the Court of Protection for Deputyship and making applications on behalf of deputies in need of court approval to carry out certain transactions.
My area of expertise
I am a Notary Public and in this capacity deal with various matters including authenticating the execution and contents of documents, administering oaths and declarations, the provision of Notarial copies and assisting with powers of attorney, corporate records and contracts.
My involvement with the community and associations
I am a Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, Solicitors for the Elderly and the Notaries Society. I am also a member of the Woking Chamber of Commerce.
Something you may not know
I have a two year old daughter who is by far my most demanding and delightful client.