Not for Profit
More than most, you will understand the challenges faced by organisations operating in the Not for Profit sector. There is the pressure to deliver a first class service, consistent with your organisation’s values, very often on a limited budget.
At Morrisons, our Not for Profit team is very much alive to those challenges. Many of our team have first hand experience of working for organisations in the Not for Profit sector. A number of our lawyers hold positions as trustees, members and governors of local schools, clubs and other associations, including charities. This, together with a great deal of practical experience in advising organisations both large and small, means that our team delivers practical legal advice in a sensitive, proportionate and cost effective way.
As a result our team has had great success. Our clients include schools, churches, colleges, hospitals, members’ clubs and sports associations, some of which have been coming back to us for advice for more than five generations.
List of Services:
- Constitutional, trust and tax matters
- Corporate and commercial matters including negotiating commercial contracts, charity mergers and structuring other forms of collaboration between charities
- Employment law
- Intellectual property matters such as branding and IP protections
- Litigation including mediation of trustee disputes and compliance issues
- Property matters
- Charities and Charity
- Commission liaison
- Support to trustees and committees
- Non-court dispute resolution