At Morrisons, our integrated team of dental lawyers work together to deliver practical, commercial and cost-effective solutions to each of our clients, handling every critical aspect of dental legal services.
We have more than 20 years of experience acting for dentists and we are a member of the National Association of Specialist Dental Accountants and Lawyers (NASDAL). Morrisons is recognised nationally as being a leader in this field and acts for clients throughout England and Wales. Our team is regularly recommended by healthcare agents, banks, accountants and corporates and we are on the panel of two major healthcare lenders.
We have worked for a broad range of dental clients, from first time buyers to high street sole practitioners to multiple acquisitions for corporates. Our services include:
- Sales and purchases of dental practices including both asset and company share transactions.
- Structuring commercial / business decisions in relation to dental practices from a legal perspective. Advising on incorporation of businesses (including advice in relation to preserving NHS contracts for dentists).
- Interpretation and advice in relation to GDS and PDS contracts (including establishing the most appropriate strategy for handling such contracts on sales and purchases and incorporation).
- Advice on handover / implementation of CQC registration within the context of sales and purchases.
- Property assistance including all aspects relating to freehold and leasehold properties.
- Drafting and advising upon partnership / cost sharing agreements including all aspects of partners exiting / entering the partnership.
- Advising on employees’, associates’ & hygienists’ rights.
- Management Agreements – for use where the GDS contractor proposes to subcontract to a limited company (including advice on preserving superannuation entitlement).
- A comprehensive range of dispute resolution services.
On average, every year, our dental team complete in excess of 30 dental transactions (amongst other services provided to healthcare professionals). We utilise our extensive experience and team structure to deliver a quality, cost effective service that is second to none – allowing our clients to focus on their own business goals.