Litigation and insolvency
If you are facing a claim, or if you are considering bringing a claim, your greatest worry will almost certainly be that litigation is expensive and will a long time to resolve. It is true that litigation is usually the most expensive legal service that our clients buy; but we work hard to make sure that our expertise is affordable and proportionate. Usually, claims that are worth under £10,000 are not led by a solicitor; but where it is appropriate we offer “pay as you go” legal advice so that you can be supported in bringing a claim by yourself.
Our solicitors are highly experienced in running complex and multi-party claims. We will work with you to establish your objectives, understand the context and analyse the strength of your position. We are experienced in fast moving and high pressure applications for injunctive relief and expedited trials, as well as in alternative dispute resolution: adjudication, expert determination, arbitration (ad hoc and scheme-led) and mediation.
We can help you with:
Shareholder disputes and deadlocked companies
• Directors’ liability (misfeasance and misconduct claims)
• Commercial contract disputes
• Professional negligence claims (particularly against solicitors, accountants and surveyors).
We can advise company directors on Insolvency and restructuring:
• Misfeasance, fraudulent or wrongful trading; directors’ disqualification
• Antecedent transactions brought by insolvency practitioners (transfers at undervalue and preferences)
• examination of directors on oath (s236 Insolvency Act)
• the formation of “phoenix companies” (s216 Insolvency Actr